½ red pepper
30 ml of white wine
10 g dried sea spaghetti
10 g wakame
½ kg of mussels
1 garlic clove
25 g of fried tomato
65 g of wheat flour
65 g butter
½ litre of whole milk
Pinch nutmeg, salt and pepper
1 bay leaf
1. Hydrate the seaweeds in a half litre of water for 15 minutes and drain.
2. Wash the mussels and heat a glass of water in the pan, when the water starts to boil add a bay leaf and the mussels and cook for 3 minutes with the lid half open until they are all open. Save the cooking water and set aside the mussels.
3. Separate the mussels from the shell and wash the shell of the mussels well again until all stain are removed.
4. Chop the seaweed and mussels.
5. Chop the onion, garlic cloves and pepper and fry them in a frying pan.
6. Add the seaweed and mussels.
7. Add the glass of wine, half of the glass of water with the mussels and the fried tomato. Let reduce for at least 10 minutes.
8. Make the bechamel by melting the butter in a pan, add the flour and cook for a few minutes, add the milk and cook for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add nutmeg to taste.
9. Mix the bechamel together with the mussels and seaweed mixture and fill in the mussel shells. Let the mixture cool down.
10. Coat everything in egg and then in breadcrumbs.
11. Heat the oil to 180°C and fry.
Place the tiger mussels on a plate and sprinkle some spaghetti powder on top.