MUSSELS´S PIE WITH WAKAME SEAWEED
For the dough:
130 g of flour (20 g more for sprinkle)
60 g of milk
40 g of sunflower oil
1 g of dried sea lettuce
2 g of salt
For the filling:
125 g of red pepper
1 small onion (70 g)
60 ml of Albariño wine
3 g of spicy paprika
5 g of dried wakame seaweed
800 g of mussels
1. Make a volcano with the flour and add the ingredients of the dough inside. Knead until the dough is homogeneous and divide by 2, let it rest for 30 minutes in the fridge. Sprinkle the dough with the rest of the flour and roll it out with a rolling pin so that it is circular.
2. Hydrate the wakame seaweed in 500 ml of cold water for 15 minutes.
3. Cook the mussels in a pot with a little water and with a lid for about 2 minutes until the shells open and remove them from the shell.
4. Chop the pepper and onion into slices and poach. Add the white wine after 5 minutes and a pinch of salt, cook 4 more minutes over medium heat and add the paprika.
5. Add the seaweed to the pan and the mussels. Sauté for a couple of minutes.
6. Roll out the dough on a baking sheet and fill with the mixture without reaching the edges. Add the other empanada dough on top and close on the sides.
7. Make a hole in the centre and paint the dough with egg.
8. Cook the patty at 180°C for 40-45 minutes or until the dough is golden.
When the pie gets a Little cold cut it in triangles.